top of page


Where can I pay my bill?

Click here to pay your bill  

How does the Browns Lake

Sanitary District calculate my

sanitary fees?

The Browns Lake Sanitary District

charges a flat fee per connection. 

Billing is generated on a quarterly

basis in the amount of $153.82

per quarter.


Must I still pay the monthly fee if

my house is closed up for the winter?

Yes. Because our billing is based

on a quarterly fee and not a

usage/meter-based fee, you are

charged the same amount each quarter regardless of usage.

Billing questions?

Contact MPC Property Management at (262) 661-4284 or email:  for billing related questions.

New home construction hook-up?

For new home construction, property owners must obtain a permit to connect to the sanitary sewer system. A permit application can be downloaded here. The permit application requires submittal of a connection plan, site plan, or property survey showing the proposed home, existing sewer location, and proposed sanitary lateral location. Completed connection permit applications and connection fees are submitted to the District’s engineer: Kapur & Associates, 1224  S. Pine Street, Burlington, WI 53105, (262) 767-2747. After approval of the connection permit the approved form is submitted to the town building inspector. Please notify the engineer's office for a connection inspection 48 hours prior to excavation. Note, no permit will be issued to connect garage floor drains to the sanitary sewer system.

Hook-up fees associated with new construction?

Yes, a connection fee is required prior to issuance of a connection permit. Please contact MPC Property Management to get the connection fee amount. The fee is utilized to offset District wastewater collection system construction costs and City of Burlington wastewater treatment plant capacity costs. Quarterly use charge fees are also collected by the District for ongoing operations and maintenance. Contact the Diggers Hotline before you start your project: or dial 811.


If I make a new connection or repair an existing connection at the end of my lateral to the district main, do I need to have it inspected by anyone other than my plumber?

Yes, any connection made to the district mains need to be inspected by Kapur & Associates  at (262) 767-2747  before the connection is backfilled.


Who is responsible for the repair of residential grinder pumps?

The homeowner is responsible for all grinder pump repairs.

Can I discharge unwanted materials into the sewer?

No, it is illegal to discharge any materials into sewers other than the sewer and water that is hooked up through the connection of your residence or business. Opening a manhole and discharging any materials into sewers — including sewers located on homeowner property — is also illegal.

Who should I contact if I think someone is illegally discharging into the sewer system?

Call the Town of Burlington Police Department at (262) 763-9406 and they will notify us.


If a sewer problem arises, what is the homeowner’s responsibility versus the Sanitary District?

The homeowner is responsible for the area from their residence to road. The Sanitary District is responsible for the sewer mains in the road.

bottom of page